Saturday, April 25, 2015

Sweets for Kids (and Kids At Heart): Mallow Pops

It's weekend yay! A day we can spend our whole time with our family, especially to our kids. Well speaking of kids, I don't have one yet but whenever it's weekend, I got to spend it with my mom, and grandma, sometimes with my nephews. Treating them with yummy snacks is what I usually do during weekend. The reason is I want them to enjoy the weekend and at the same time I love to see their happy faces while eating my home-cooked snacks. :) That's so lovely <3.

Now I'm going to share with you a fun recipe that you and your kids will enjoy making. Though, I tried this recipe with my mom...hahah! (It's a mother and daughter bonding)

Overall, we did enjoyed our time and we had a great snack with my grandma. :)

So here it is...

Mallow Pops





What you need:
  • 1 pack of marshmallows (white or colored)
  • a bowl of chocolate sprinkles or colored sprinkles
  • 1 cup of white (buttons) chocolate (I used Goya Easy Melt white buttons chocolate, you can use any type of white chocolate that you prefer. 
  • 20 mallow sticks or Popsicle sticks for the handle of the mallow pops 
Procedure:
  1. Start by melting the white buttons chocolate in a double boiler. 
No double boiler?
If you don't have a double boiler you can melt the chocolate in microwave oven by placing the chocolates in a heatproof microwave safe bowl, uncovered under 50% power in 1 minute. Then stir it up as this is not yet completely melted. Repeat for 30 second intervals until it has melted. Just don't overheat as it will be burned. 

No microwave oven?
You can also melt the chocolate in your oven. Using a heatproof safe bowl place the chocolates in preheated oven set at 60C. Leave it 10 minutes, then stir. 

2. Once the chocolate has melted, get a stick or popsicle stick, dip it in the melted chocolate and stab the marshmallow. (You need to dip the stick in the melted chocolate so that it will stick and stay in place with the marshmallow and won't fall off.) Repeat until all marshmallows has its own stick.

3. Next, dip the marshmallows in the chocolate, swirl it, then tap the excess. While the chocolate is not yet hardened, decorate the marshmallows with your preferred sprinkles. Place it in a tray with parchment lined baking sheet. Repeat until you have finished all the marshmallows.

4. Place it in the freezer to quickly hardened the chocolate. Wait for 15 minutes to 1 hour before consuming it. I say wait patiently. :D

You can also wrap it and give it as gifts to your family and friends. 

Enjoy and have fun! :) 
Do you like this recipe, share it to your friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment