Thursday, April 23, 2015

French Toast Using Powdered Milk

Sometimes I felt a little lazy to go out and buy something in the supermarket. So, what I usually do is go over the kitchen and check some ingredients I can use. As soon as I went there, I see a leftover bread in the table that is almost going to expire. "Oh no!" I told myself. Yet, I also thought that I will never waste it and then instantly browse some easy recipe via Google . I saw 10 slices of loaf breads wrapped in a plastic which was bought 3 days ago by my mom. Since I don't want to go out, I only look for recipes that has simple ingredients. Then I got French Toast recipe. It's also a good thing since my mom and my grandma haven't tried it before. So it's really a worth to try.

The only problem is we don't have milk available at home, only a powdered version. So I tried using it as an alternative. And we don't have honey, so I added a cup of sugar in the recipe to make it sweet.

So here's what I did with a little modification in the ingredients.





Ingredients:


  • 3 tbsp powdered milk 
  • 1 cup warm water
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp vanilla essence
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 10 slices of loaf bread
Procedure:
  1. In a small bowl, put the 3 tbsp powdered milk then add a cup of warm water. Stir until the milk is dissolve.

2. In another bowl, beat the egg then add it in the milk mixture, together with the sugar, vanilla and cinnamon. Mix all together until well combined.

 

3. Start heating the non-stick pan in medium heat for 5 minutes. 

4. Get a slice of bread and dip to the milk and egg mixture. Place it in the non-stick pan and cook for 3 minutes or until it becomes all brown.



5. Repeat until you have cooked the 10 slices of loaf bread.

6. You may sprinkle a little cinnamon and sugar again on both sides of the toasted bread. Serve and enjoy!


Note: If you have honey at home, you may disregard adding the sugar since the honey will give a taste of sweetness. You may also add butter in the toasted bread or any fruit you desire. 

As a result, my mom and grandma loves it. In fact, they asked me to cook it again. :)







No comments:

Post a Comment