Friday, May 1, 2015

Weekend Treat: Eggless Tapioca Pudding in Coconut Milk with Mango Toppings

Last weekend, I decided to try cooking a very delectable pudding snack. Well, the truth is, I started craving for Tapioca Pudding in Coconut Milk with Mango on top. I was just searching for a good snack back then when I saw a very appetizing photo of this dessert. It was creamy, sweet...like it just melts in your mouth... ahhh... Okay, enough fantasizing!

So, yes! This is really a MUST TRY!

It was my first time to cook this recipe and I am glad that it went all fine and yummy! My fiance also loves it. In most of the recipes I have seen in the internet, they put eggs and vanilla bean. I know that these two (2) ingredients will add more flavor, however, I didn't use any of this in my recipe. The reason is that I simply forgot to add an egg and I don't know where I can buy vanilla bean sticks here in my place. But still, it turns out appetizing for both of us. Next time, I will try having these two ingredients in my recipe. I can imagine how we're going to enjoy this again. :)

Are you ready?

Here it is... ta-dah!






Eggless Tapioca Pudding in Coconut Milk with Mango Toppings

What You Need:

  • 1 sachet of coconut milk powder (to be dissolved in 1/2 cup warm water, but you can also follow the instructions at the back of the sachet)
  • 2 mangoes (cut the cheeks of the mango and cut into cubes, set aside)
  • 4 tbsp sugar
  • 2/3 cup of tapioca small pearls (not instant)
  • 3 tbsp milk
Procedure:
  1. In a medium saucepan, cook tapioca in 2 1/2 qts. of boiling water until it becomes almost transparent. (If the tapioca pearls is not yet cooked and there's not enough water, you can add just enough water to continue the process). Keep in mind that as soon as you place the tapioca pearls in the boiling water, you have to keep stirring to prevent the pearls to stick at the bottom. (In my experience, I cooked the tapioca pearls in about 20 minutes because I didn't use a quick cooking tapioca)
  2. Once it's almost transparent, you can add the coconut milk that is dissolve in warm water. Continue stirring until the coconut milk becomes thick.
  3. Add the sugar and milk in the coconut and tapioca mixture. Stir often. You will see the tapioca will slowly become clear and tender. When you reached that point, check if the coconut milk has thickened. If not, you have to wait until it becomes slightly thick.
  4. Let it cool, then chill. If pudding becomes too thick, you can stir more milk in it.
  5. Spoon pudding in a bowl or tall glasses. Top with mango or any fruit you like such as pineapple, kiwi, etc.
Note: You can eat this snack warm or cold, whatever you prefer. 

You can buy tapioca pearls in your local supermarkets, or Asian markets available in your area.


Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
You can share your cooking experience here with me by leaving a comment below. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment